09-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
I had about a 20-30 minute test drive of both yesterday back to back without a salesperson in the car for each. I also have driven 6mt m3s many times before. To be honest, the m3 at speeds between 0-60ish doesn't feel much faster than my tuned e46 was.

The c63 on the other hand felt much stronger. I also did not notice any loss in power at the top of the rpm range for the merc.

Not being critical of the m, just being honest. The merc on the streets from speeds of 0 all the way through 100 feels like a monster.

I loved driving both. Still am undecided.
If your preference starts tilting more towards the power side of the equation, why not test a CTS-V? It will blow the doors off the Benz in a straight line, handles well, and comes with a manual transmission too.

To me these are just very fast cars that handle well, where the M3 still manages to feel more special than both. The handling edge, the responses, the engine, it all adds up. It simple gives me more satisfaction, more thrills, and taking it to the track is an amazing high, every time.

There is no right or wrong decision - all these will do well as daily drivers, they will work on a racetrack and cost similar money. So pick the one that gives you the most butterfly's, the one you cannot wait to get back into - the one that makes laugh out loud.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0