View Single Post
      09-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
I see what you're getting at, which leads me to a question related to not understanding what Tq figure a dyno spits out. Essentially, when we dyno our cars, despite the common understanding that we are getting a power at the wheel representation, what we are actually getting is horsepower at the wheel and torque at the flywheel. Torque at the wheel is closer to 5,500 at 3.5KRPM (first gear). Do I have that right?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107532
that's correct. At work so I can't do it now, but if you find the crank torque, gear ratios and then the final drive of the M5, you can easily calculat the torque delivered to the rear drive shaft. Of course, since the tire sizes are different between the M3 and M5, there's some difference there too, but it's a much more accurate picture of how much torque is available.

I've said it in the pas and I'll say it again, M3 has gobs of torque, and it has it everywhere. If you disagree, answer me this, if the M3 is both heavier and has less torque than a 335i, how does it out accelerate it (stock for stock)???