View Single Post
      09-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
tbonem3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

the military person and the guy at the dealer which i went and saw today said the same thing

-two years international warranty only when the car is outside the US and here in the gulf countries
-when i take the care back the US, the 4 year warranty and service coverage picks up again or is valid again.

-Here in the dealer, They would only cover the first 1200 service/oil change on the M cars. After that, any oil change, gear change, etc, etc. or other service, I would be responsible for and out of my pocket.

-I think all GGC imported cars don;t even get free service which is crazy! they have to pay for their own oil change, pads, etc fromt he get go?! Whereas back in the States, those things are covered for 4 years! God bless America indeed.

-When I went to talk to their service manager today, initially the conversation was tense because as soon as I mentioned a US spec car, he quickly mentioned that these cars might not be compatible with GCC specs, etc. overheat issues, etc. I was kinda pissed of with his response an asked him to provide any documentation or specs on this, and that;s when he toned it down a little, and he told me when I have the Vin #, to give it to him, and he will compare it in the system with other GCC M3s. I think that's silly because the right way is look up the comparison right away, rather than order the car and then see what's the difference?! He later toned it down even more and said I shouldn't have an issue really, but based on history, he didn't get any notable issues in the past. I need to go back and talk to the general manager and make sure everything sounds kosher before i order.

I am itching for an M3 and would like one shippde here in the gulf but i know service over here is not the best and i can wait until I go back stateside, but I know if not in the next 9 months or so, then I can't order a new one and will have to be used v8, which is still not the end of the world.
Appreciate 0