View Single Post
      09-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2008 328i E90

beater (winter) under $4k

Will be buying a "beater" for both winter driving (live here in PA) and just to lessen wear and tear on the bimmer.

I don't want to buy a complete POS, and have it leave me stranded somewhere in 3ft of snow, and always will be using it for another daily driver from time to time.

I don't "NEED" 4x4 or AWD, as I have had 2 FWD cars before and never had too many problems driving in snow... and its not like it snows EVERYDAY here in PA... but I still would want a 4x4 or AWD if the price is right.

I was originally going to get a small truck or SUV, but now I am not so sure...

What am I currently learn towards is some type of subaru, decent car, decent gas mileage, and AWD - I would be rockin' an Imprezza OR a wagon

Not trying to spend more than $4,000.

Other suggestions? something practical and reliable, not horrible on gas, can travel in all weather (not asking to climb a 25% grade on a sheet of ice or anything), and is not awful to look at aka a PT Cruiser or something awful like that