View Single Post
      09-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Just one personal difference. I drove an M3 at a BMW driving school and purposely tried with and without sport servotronic steering and MDM. I don't feel I'm losing anything without the MDrive, for my wants/needs. I'm planning to keep the last naturally aspirated M3 for as long as it'll last, don't want the iDrive now and don't want the tech to look like a Commodore 64 when it's outdated.
Yeah, that Commodore 64 effect (nice name!) is definitely going to be a problem. I mostly got iDrive because I tried using the infotainment system in non-iDive cars and it was just miserable for me -- Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth audio, and iPod management all took so much more work. I just really like the interface for controlling audio and other settings for the car. I rarely use the actual navigation.

You also can't get Enhanced Premium Sound without iDrive, and from what I'd read the base audio system isn't very good. Never heard it myself, but I can attest that the Enhanced system is amazing.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder

Last edited by jphughan; 09-03-2011 at 03:04 PM.
jphughan is offline   United_States