View Single Post
      09-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

The M button came with the Technology Package on 2008-2011 (pre .5 refresh) M3s. As of 2011.5 (production starting 9/10) the button became standard. The Technology Package was also dropped and the Competition and Convenience Packages arrived in its place.

By not having the M button, you also lose the Sport setting for Servotronic steering as well as MDM, both of which also because standard as of 2011.5 and both of which I've found to be absolutely essential for spirited driving -- Sport Servotronic restores that heavy steering feel that I want when driving hard (I prefer the standard steering for cruising around town but it's just not nearly as fun as Sport for carving up roads), and MDM lets you have some fun while not letting you get into real trouble. Not having the M button also of course means you can't program two different personalities that can be called up at the push of one button rather than messing with the other settings individually.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder

Last edited by jphughan; 09-03-2011 at 09:16 AM.
jphughan is offline   United_States