View Single Post
      09-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #90
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

We're on page 5, and I posted the actual policy on page 1. You are 5 pages behind. I'm sorry you aren't aware of what the actual policy says that you object to so loudly. Here is what the policy actually says:

whether the person, or the person's immediate relative,has served in the U.S. military, reserves, or national guard, with particular consideration given to those who served in combat;

YES, there absolutely ARE people who have personally served in the military facing deportation. YES, there are immediate relatives such as spouses who are currently under deportation proceedings. There are roughly THIRTY THOUSAND soldiers in the US military who are non-citizens. Many are fighting in war-zones like Afghanistan and Iraq to defend OUR COUNTRY, while worrying if their immediate family may face deportation at home. I personally want them thinking about getting the baddies, not whether their immediate family faces deportation back home. I'm sorry you think this is an "emotional argument", when it is a purely rational, logical policy change we're talking about.

But I'm glad to hear you actively support the DHS's official policy change where these soldiers, and their immediate family won't face deportation:

The following positive factors should prompt particular care and consideration:
veterans and members of the U.S. armed forces;

...Even though you had no idea what the new DHS policy was, and that it already aligned with your own beliefs that the immediate family of military members should not be deported.

The next thing you know, you will be saying that you think women who NEVER personally violated the law, but were victims of human sex-trafficking rings who kidnapped them and smuggled them into the US, shouldn't be sitting in US Customs jails while being 100% innocent of any crime. Or is that something you think is a good thing?

Go take your joy-ride. We'll keep taking care of the serious business while you're gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecleland View Post
Seriously no one would go after military spouses. I'm moving one. You clearly only hear what you want to hear and just fall back on simple emotional arguments. I'm taking my Bimmer for joy ride now before its too late.