View Single Post
      09-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
sawzall
Major

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I have a question, do you guys compete on track days, or are they just DE/Lapping days? For the latter, I understand there's a peace of mind knowing you're covered. But the trade-off to me is largely unbalanced. Unless you're not respecting your own limit, and what your instructor is teaching you, is this even necessary? But if you race competitively, then disregard my question, but then the quotes you're provided probably is going to change, too.
I personally only do HPDE/lapping events, no racing. However, the insurance I looked into does cover timed events if you choose to do it (I wanted to have only HPDE/lapping coverage, but they treat this all as racing).

I agree that as someone who only does HPDE/lapping events, the premium is excessive (I personally won't get it at that price). If it were a couple thousand as opposed to nearly $10,000, I would get it as a peace of mind thing. I agree that if you follow what the instructors teach, and you don't push your limits excessively, you reduce the risks. That being said, accidents can occur even when you're careful. I think gthal and I took this on as an exercise to see if there was reasonably priced insurance for folks like us.

Last edited by sawzall; 09-01-2011 at 06:40 PM.
sawzall is offline   Canada