Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
So maybe we should do away with the "techniques" contests like bokeh or leading lines and go with more generic themes, like "lines" instead of "leading lines" or "blur" instead of "bokeh."
or themes in terms of subject matter... thats how it was done in the old days (08/09).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
it's not arguments about minutiae. it's an argument about what actually constitutes proper subject matter. if you can just bend the rules or criteria however you want, where's the challenge? i don't see this as just for fun...it's also a chance to challenge myself.
I agree here and I think it's always been the hopes of these contests to push people to think a little harder about what and how they shoot so that at the end of the day they've learned something useful and challenged themselves to be a better photographer. It's all too easy to just check the archives and post something... where is the fun in that? Coincidentally that is when it becomes a pissing contest of who likes who more and will get votes. Maybe we should start letting the contest winner pick the theme, let everyone submit, then pick 3 that fit the theme the best as it was intended and THEN let it go to a public vote.
Appreciate 0