View Single Post
      08-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

BMWFS will probably not sell you the car for below residual, but they will give the auction price to a dealer (probably any dealer). BMWFS knows the auction price is what they'll get for the car once they get it back since they won't sell it themselves.

How much it takes to CPO the car depends on what condition it's in. They worry about brakes and tires the most, assuming the engine's fine.

Offer them $1,000 over auction, and you'll buy a third party extended warranty for $500 over their cost. That's a fair deal.
I just got a 3 yr/36,000 mile extended warranty from Century Service Plus for the wife's 335 for $2,350, which was cost because I have a friend in the business. They said it would normally go for around $3,200. I got the Comprehensive, which is a BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty. CPO is powertrain and electronic's only. My buddy got the Mini extended warranty on his Cooper S, and had a plastic oil line go bad... NOT COVERED because it's plastic. It was $1,500 to replace a $75 part.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-28-2011 at 04:55 PM.