View Single Post
      08-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
zblake
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09 AW M3 W/2-Doors & 6-gears

Bimmer owner again for the first time!

Greetings everyone.

I'm new around here. I recently purchased a flawless 2009 M3 coupe 6MT (no options but bluetooth) with ~13.8k miles and I'm in heaven. I drive a minimum of 42 miles each way to the various places I work from everyday and now I have a vehicle that makes me look forward to the drive(s). In fact, it took three days of owning the car before I turned on the radio; just windows down and listening to the engine.

A little about me; my wife and I live in the East Bay of California with two young sons and come from motor-head families (mostly Porsche). My first car at age 14 was a non-running, 1969 BMW 2002. When I turned 16 the 2002 was as trick as a responsible father would allow. After that came a radical 1978 280Z (not ZX), a VW GTI, Audi A4 1.8T, 2004 MB 230 Kompressor Sedan, and right before the M3 a 2008 MB C350.

I drove Carrera S's, IS-F's, and AMG C63's before pulling the trigger on "Der Beast" as I call her. My dad was pushing 911s - he and I are road tripping to Laguna Seca for the ALMS race in September, I know she'll make him a believer.

Well, anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Hope to participate in all the great camaraderie I've seen so far on this site.

Sorry for the crumby camera-phone photo, but here she is:
Attached Images

zblake is offline   United_States