View Single Post
      08-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #22
Dave07997S
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe

The issue with the Mustang is the MT82 Getrag tranny that is built in China. There is a TSB on the tranny for a fluid change although the jury is still out on this TSB. A lot of owners a switching out the tranny fluid to a Royal Purple mix and have gotten good results. The NTHSB is looking into reports that the MT82 can be a safety issue due to the fact quite a few complaints have come in due to the tranny not going into gear at highway speeds..there have been no injuries. Also, the vast majority of MT82 owners have no issues with their trannies.

I too also looked into buying a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L. I like the styling, although I admit the retro thing is kind of wearing thin on me, the performance was right up there with the M3, but it was the interior that did it in for me. Although great strides were done in 2010 it is still several notches below the BMW let alone an Audi, although a few magazines said the new interior was almost "Audi" like...hardly.

All in all a great car and a great value..would not be embarrased at all driving one of these bad boys...

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk