View Single Post
      08-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
thai357sig
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdollie View Post
I bought an extended maintenance plan for the '09 M3 DCT sedan I bought a week ago at a BMW dealer. At the time they showed me a sheet with a price of about $4,800 but said if I bought it with the car I could get a deal valid that day only at $3,800 so like a sucker I bought it. Only the next day after I got home and was looking at details online did I find you could actually price this plan directly on BMW's website and the price is $3,295!!! So yes, they were honest - the sucker price only applied for that particular day as they knew after that point nobody could be fooled into that price again!!!!

Now I have to wonder if the prices they showed me for typical repairs (e.g., brake jobs, oil changes, etc.) were also inflated to convince me I needed the plan in the first place...

I believe you can still get a full refund since it hasn't come into effect yet(less than 50K miles). Otherwise it would be a refund based on a mileage prorated amount. This is what I remembered being told.