View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #41
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' 335D M-Sport

Of course Obama isnt that...he is just acting cowardly and as a puppet...he doesnt call the shots...we didnt get real change...I am glad you think independently...I applaud you...both repubs and demos are taking away our civil liberties while most are asleep at the wheel.

I lean libertarian but I am not that...dont agree with many things they stand for...to be honest, I do behave strangely, given my background....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Being that we live in a uniquely spread-out melting-pot country, our national politics has become very 2-party-ish, name-recognition oriented, sound-bite laden, and abhorrently expensive. These are all bad for electing good people, but that's the way it is.

Everyone in this forum favors and espouses a particular ideology; so do you - the libertarian-not-dem-or-repub party. Don't pretend to act superior because of your "enlightened independence", I too express my own thoughts, not just the mantra of a party. As I've said before, I'm part libertarian, part democrat, and part conservative. I was somewhat strict raising my kids, I observe traditions of my religion, and I feel people need more self-control and self-reliance. I believe in personal freedom and choices, particularly when it comes to making law from religious beliefs.

I started posting in this sub-forum after I saw several people saying blatantly hateful and false things about Obama. I personally don't care if anyone agrees with my ideology, I'm not a political missionary. I just don't like seeing people lie and twist facts.

But many people here can't just see the other point-of-view, or accept that people can disagree. The idea that Obama has spent his entire life preparing to get where he is, so he can destroy the US and become the anti-christ, is something that's got to stop.