View Single Post
      08-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #89
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' 335D M-Sport

You are making up numbers...show me where he says 95% of all financial burden must be taken by the states...he would try for change in sensible ways imho...he wouldnt try to change things overnight...most hardcore demo's think like you do which is kinda scary...what is so radical about what he is saying...didnt conservatives say the same things not too many decades ago?

The fact that we are discussing Ron Paul and the Libertarians means something is happening in this country whether you like it or not...there is a grassroots mvt that you cannot stop no matter how much you want to....people want change...just a matter of time before they get it...we will have riots and semi-anarchy all right but it wont be because Ron Paul is elected, it will be because Ron Paul isnt elected.

The sad thing to me is this, I know you and 11 truly believe in what you are saying and you feel most everyone on here is either crazy or a retard, but when I hear you guys talk, I just hear regurgitated stuff I see in the national media...have you ever known a subject really well and from an insiders standpoint and read about it in the mundane media?..it is 90% BS and full of lies and inaccuracies...well this is what I see when I read the news...ever wonder why the same story on BBC is very different than CNN and MSNBC???.

And when you hear me talk, you feel I am regurging tea party smack...that is what is so funny about this whole thing...the media and powers that be want everyone to be devisive and arguing all the time and to take our eyes off of what is really going on...I see they have won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I'll bite.

Although I like many of his libertarian ideas, he's a non-starter. In other words, his ideas about dismantling the govt are so radical, they would never get anywhere in this country. Look at how hard it is just to make tiny little changes to spending, taxes, or govt programs. So he comes along and says, "let's put 95% of the financial burden on our states". It would be anarchy, except it wouldn't, because he wouldn't get congressional support for anything.

You see, unlike you, I'm not under the dome of propaganda that says democrats invented social programs/ entitlements, and that democrats want to expand these things, and are not concerned about fraud and waste. That's a myth. Truth is, there are just as many repubs who love their medicaire, social security, and veterans benefits, that I'm not deluded into thinking that I have to vote for some radical libertarian-republican, just to get the civil liberties that democrats have always upheld.