View Single Post
      08-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #26

Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Well, instead of posting my own thread, I will add my thoughts here.

Just had my Eisenmann Race installed on Friday with stock x and connecting pipes. First time I started it after install, I was like...WOW, that's loud. Driving left me very impressed with the agressive growl under acceleration. However, it would be nice if it wasn't so loud, all the time. Even when I am doing a 0-60 in 15s, it sounds like I am driving at WOT.

Cruising, it's a bit louder than stock and I find that it drones between 1800 and 2000 RPM. At 2500RPM, it sounds great.

Startup will be an issue. With my old car, which had a 6MT, I would have to roll it out of the garage and onto the street before starting it if I was leaving before my kids woke up. Now that I have DCT, that isn't really an option anymore. I guess I will have to plan ahead and leave the car outside if I am anticipating leaving before my kids are awake in the morning.

Anyways, for now, I love the exhaust. It definitely turns heads, for better or worse. It will take a little getting used to and some "essplaining" to do to the wife.

2009 E92 M3 Le Mans Blau on Schwartz. DCT. RAC RG63, KW V3, Eisenmann Race, AP Racing, Vorsteiner GTS5 Front Bumper, Vorsteiner GTS-V Rear Diffuser.