08-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #40
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Do you ever listen to a word I say? if you would have turned on your cranial nerve at all...do I need to repeat this? You wont answer this because this goes against liberal politics. You are so naive...you really think the banks only got what the govt said it gave out for TARP??...wow.
Yeah, you're never rude or demeaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
the most important thing we need to do is to make govt SMALLER!!!!
...and you never spew bumper-sticker knee-jerk party-line rhetoric.

Let's get this out of the way: No republican administration ever made govt smaller; not Bush 2, or Bush 1, or Reagan. In fact, Bush 2 added all sorts of departments and czars. Likewise, Obama & Clinton have not made govt larger; this is just an old GOP talking point. I'll acknowledge that many fiscal conservatives (repub or dem) would like to reduce certain govt programs, but it's not actually going to happen at a federal level. While a libertarian such as Ron Paul would certainly reduce the size of govt, he stands a snowball's chance in hell of getting into a position to do so.

Therefore, saying "smaller govt" is like waiting for Santa Claus. And it's not because of "liberals" - defense spending, social security, and medicaire are not driven by the left. We need solutions that fit within the framework of our existing system.