08-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #59
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Wait-you want to give up an E90 M3 for the 1M?

Looks are subjective. So doesn't matter what we think. The 1M sure has more low end torque and will clip the M3 in a straightline (for a short while)

Let me the first to say that I'm sure the 1M will be blast to drive compared to the M3 simply because its so peppy and flickable compared to the super imposed M3. If anything the 1M harkens back to the days of ragged edge mental driving that ///Ms have been famous for i.e. the 1M can be a widowmaker in the wrong hands.

I've got a E90 M3 on order which is why its even more significant when I say-the 1M has the fun quotient signed and sealed. You won't regret the move (assuming you make it). Be prepared for fewer creature comforts and a back to the basics cockpit with the 1M but then again its an enthusiasts car.

Things you will miss-8300 rpm S65 engine (personally its too good to pass up), the glorious music from the exhausts, bigger room, practicality and the prestigious bespoke M3 badge.

For me-I needed a discounted supercar hence the E90 M3.

Note-I for one did drive my neighbors 1M. Its fun but you always get the feeling that they were just filling a need in the market. i.e. the 1M was built to fit a bracket.

The M3 is in NO WAY a supercar. If you honestly thin kthe M3 is a supercar, I've got news for you my friend....
Appreciate 0