View Single Post
      08-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Garage List
1M..... 'Ugly as Sin'

I hear this comment from many members whenever the any discussion of the 1M comes up. I do have to admit, it's not the 'best' looking car out there, but I do like some of the aggressive qualities that BMW designers have incorporated into the 1M that were lacking in the regular 1 series. I tried to understand the extreme dislike for the 1M. What specifically was lacking design-wise? Headlights? Bumpers? Overall size? Proportions? I even started a thread that was promptly shut down because the mods were trying to avoid the direction the thread might end up going with a M3 vs. 1M flame fest. (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551008)

So I kept thinking about what the 1M would have looked like if I were designing it. I posted this over on 1Addicts.com but am curious if this would have been a better design approach than the 1series coupe? What do you get when you cross an E36Z3 Mcoupe, a E82 Mcoupe and an E81/F20? I kinda envisioned something like the original Mcoupe but with 4seats. What do you guys think?