grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 SG, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
did you drive your delorean to go track that stuff down?

thing have changed a bit in the last 30 years

who races with a turbo NOW? besides the diesel audi's...
I'm not the biggest racing enthusiast, but I can't think of any major series that includes turbo cars, if you'd like to enlighten me I'll gladly listen, but turbo's in racing (real racing not track days) seem to be very uncommon to me

edit: just though, drifting and rally racing may be places to see turbo's used in racing, and oh yeah, um tractor pulls and dragsters (the top fuel/funny cars)

any others though? road racing anywhere?
Top fuel cars use superchargers not turbos. I believe they still run them at Le Man on several vehicles. Like Porsches for example.

As the guy said most series have banned turbos because it is way too easy to make a ridiculous amount of power and too hard to apply rules that limit the power. When F1 cars were making 1500hp in qualifying trim on 1.6 litre motors they decided that was enough.

Cart thought they had it figured out with a maximum boost pressure until they realized the teams were blowing the intake charge across the face of the boost sensor at high velocity. There fore decreasing the pressure the sensor read and in effect cheating the system.

There also aren't many series that allow active suspension, traction control, or yaw control. So, are those bad too?