View Single Post
      08-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
McCartney
Private

Drives: undisclosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
You forgot to add the most important question of them all, "will it make the girls drop their panties?"

All jokes aside, it really depends on you and what you want. I love G55s, my uncle has one and every time I've driven it I felt like a dictator of a third world country. I think it's great SUV for city driving and its pretty quick for something that looks like it has no aerodynamics at all. But for the price it makes no sense IMHO. Rather have an X5M, Cayenne Turbo or Range Rover HSE Supercharged. You get more room in all three and just as many options if not more. I believe maintenance on these cars could be slightly cheaper as well, my uncle always complained about how much he is charged. Regardless of that he has owned 4 so far.
Thanks for this information.

I understand the cost for what it brings is hefty, however there is no difference in price between a properly equipped Cayenne Turbo and the G55 AMG.

Additionally, I don't want the X6M or X5m. I understand that their price to performance is much better, but they're just not my style of SUV.

Regarding the Land Rover, I would have thought about it until I realized how cheap people can buy those brand new. I believe the dealership here sucks really badly too. I'm not sure of their recent reliability, but I do know in the past they were terrible.

I have no doubt that this thing is expensive to maintain, but there are a few things going for me here: The dealership I'd be inquiring about this vehicle from holds a lot of weight up here in Canada. It's one of the best dealerships, both with customer service, service itself and sales. If I do decide to purchase this vehicle, I guarantee I would get it at or near invoice.

That might not be much of a savings. Probably will still cost ~135-140,000, but this thing is just too unreal. With respect to practicality for storage/space: As long as it can fit 4-5 people I'm okay. I don't need to carry big things at all, if it can accommodate as much as a full side sedan's trunk then I'm not complaining at all.