mdrobc13
Major

Drives: '12 BMW 550i

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
Quote:
Originally Posted by abugiacomo View Post
i don't actually know him, but the owner's name is reese sherbaf...
Guys I have been to Fairfax Service Center and met Reese. He did the Dinan Sport suspension on my M3 (when I had it..LOL). Good shop and he gave me an e46 Dinan S2 M3 as a loaner for the day or so they had my car (no extra charge) so thumbs up there!

However guys I am not sure if Reese or anybody else in the DC area are going to touch your cars with that type of a retrofit. I did my own and it was relatively simple (see my posts) using Patyk's instructions and help but I doubt very seriously you're gonna get any independant shop and definately NOT a dealer to do it since it involves the unlicensed/un-approved swap out of OEM BWM parts into your cars to support a function for which the model (as produced off the production line in Munich) was not designed!

I ended up doing mine here in San Antonio, Texas myself as everyone I talked to kinda inferred that the legal liabilities of the swap/retrofit made it likely they woudl touch it EVEN with me giving them parts and instructions! I got strange looks and laughs when I even gingerly treaded around the topic from my Service Rep here in Tx. Few independant shops barely wanted to touch the new e92 electronics let alone the iDrive just because of the complexity and BMW tester/computer needed to fix the things!

So yes it does work...I know 1st hand...and loved it after I did it and thought the car should have originally came that way yes! Is an easy upgrade and it took me less than an 1hr to reverse it fully when I sold the car in April and I recommend the upgrade if you're up to doing it yourself..yes absolutely! But I would NOT hold my breathe on getting a DC/VA/MD shop to do it in that area!

EAS is working on something (a comercialized version/kit) I think but haven't heard much from them was months ago!

Good luck...
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone

Last edited by mdrobc13; 07-21-2011 at 08:07 PM.
mdrobc13 is offline   United_States