Now on my third 6MT e92, here are my thoughts on this:
- make sure the car and transmission are nicely warmed up before attempting the money 1-2.
- syncros seem to line up better at higher rpm on the 1-2 shift.
- There is definitely a technique to hit it right.
- Use this running-in period to break-in the tranny by exercising the gears at varying rpms...yes, it's a little noisy in the beginning.
- If broken-in properly prior, the initial diff fluid change does help.
- 6MT rewards far outweigh this one quirk.