View Single Post
      07-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Scoobe
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [5.00]
That is a pretty significant price point difference per year. Agree with the posters above that the M3 and Z4 are completely different cars.

But with the money you save being its a 3rd car, I honestly think the Z4 might be the better option. As a third car the Z4 is pretty sick and I would bet you might put the top down on more than a few occasions. Open air in the cool evenings makes for some great driving enjoyment. For 325 a month less than the M3, that is a pretty good deal and the Z4 is gorgeous.

That being said, the M3 is wicked fun too but in a completely different way. It sounds like to me that you want to be frugal being its a third car. As a third car, I think the Z4 may better fit what you are looking for. M3 is a damn good daily driver and weekend track car. It doesn't sound like you will be doing either of those with the car so I suggest the Z4. And who knows, you may love dropping the top.