View Single Post
      07-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #66
boothguy
Piacere di Guidare

Drives: '11 E93 M3, 5-11 ED

Have to admit that I really agonized over the color choice on my E93 M3. Tried hard to warm up to Melbourne Red and Silverstone without success. I settled on Le Mans Blue with the Bamboo Beige interior, only having seen the exterior color on a 328 M-Sport sedan, and never saw the interior prior to pickup day in Munich. I'm really happy with it, and noticed late in the game that the Antracite trim had a subtle tan fleck in it that picks up the seat color nicely. Le Mans is a rich blue with no weird highlight or shadow tones lurking in there, and "reads" as blue from farther away than six feet - something that couldn't be said about some previous too-dark blues. It's a great color that I've been waiting for BMW to produce. My only reservation is that it tends to "swallow" the front-end treatment in anything but bright sunlight.

Pics below:
In front of Mona Lisa's house in the sunshine of Chianti. Can you make out the muddy cat-paw prints across the hood?

It's Tuscany and it's not raining. Of course the top is down.

Hundred-year-old villa in Italy's Piemonte region sets off the lines of the BMW wonderfully.
Attached Images

Last edited by boothguy; 08-23-2011 at 02:18 PM.